WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Designed for Living may collect the following information about you:
- Your contact details: name, postal addresses including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and email addresses;
- Purchases and orders made by you;
- Your online browsing activity on Designers Guild websites;
- Your encrypted password(s);
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Your comments and product reviews;
- Your location;
- Your correspondence and communications with Designed for Living;
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered;
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page)
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and in specific instances we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our websites or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on our websites, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
What are cookies used for?
Our cookies store information about your browsing and purchasing behaviour. Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the ‘key’ that, once you’re signed in, is associated with this information.
Third Party cookies
How do I disable cookies?
If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Designed for Living, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Designed for Living is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- Communication with our website is protected using ‘HTTPS’ technology;
- Your personal data is password protected;
- All personal data is held on encrypted storage;
- Security controls which protect the entire Designed for Living infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access;
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOUR DATA
Designed for Living will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Designed for Living asking you to do so, please delete it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Designed for Living and more generally:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, and selecting ‘edit’ next to the password field.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. Designed for Living (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To process payments;
- To make a tailored website available to you;
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- To contact you electronically and by post about promotional offers, products and services which we think may interest you;
- For market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- To manage customer service interactions with you; and where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information.
However, we share your data with the following service providers as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Designed for Living to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR DATA
Designed for Living collects and uses customers personal data because it is necessary for
- The pursuit of our legitimate interest
- The purpose of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
- Complying with our legal obligations
We rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications via email or text in cases where legitimate interest does not already apply. In general, we only rely on legitimate interest to send marketing communications in certain circumstances to customers. Where we rely on legitimate interest individuals are always given the opportunity to opt out.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently €15);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge;
- (As set out below) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
If you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.